Subject:        Louisiana needs computers
Date:   Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:11:51 -0400
From:   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The State library of Louisiana has sent out this call for computer
equipment...

If you are interested and able to send computers, here is the request from
the Louisiana State Librarian, Rebecca Hamilton.

"To all--we are in desperate need of computers/printers.  We are being
inundated with evacuees needing to file FEMA applications, unemployment,
search for loved ones, etc. and are coming into our public libraries to
use the computers.  Our libraries have greatly extended their hours to
accommodate the people but they need additional computers and printers.
If you can please put the word out that if anyone wants to help
immediately, this is our greatest need."

The specs for the computers:
* Pentium 3
* Windows 2000, prefer XP
* Laser printers if you can still get toner for them

Computers may be sent to:

State Library of Louisiana
701 North 4th Street
Baton Rouge, La.  70802-5232

If you are able to assist them by sending computers, please let Rebecca
know via email: Rebecca Hamilton [EMAIL PROTECTED] just to help
them plan.  This will help her know what to expect and also help us to
know (if necessary) when to stop sending them there.  I am sure that we
will hear from other states about similar needs.