In a message dated 9/12/2005 6:49:47 PM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
With the help of volunteers from Yahoo, we worked together to create a
web crawler that have used quite successfully here in Houston.  Go to
http://news.yahoo.com/katrinahelp and put a name in the box on the top
right of the page. Click "enter" and it will web crawl all of the
various databases. Since all the sites are "crawled" we have chosen a
very simple site for evacuees to list themselves as survivors or to list
loved ones they are looking for. On the list of sites we have aggregated
is Family Messages which allows individuals to write extended comments
and provide other information in the comments section.  We have also
aggregated many other tools on the site.

Will
Will:

Wonderful.  Don't mean to push the envelope beyond what can be done. With
what are obviously stretched resources, well beyond the reasonable "call of
duty."

But have you and the Yahoo folks thought about databasing any typical
information/resource needs and templates for help that could be available on a
"Resource/Information Portal" that could be relevant to evacuees in Houston,
Lafayetete, Baton Rouge, etc., that could represent the same type of problems
that
Gulf Coast refugees might have in other parts or the country - e.g. Chicago.

Don