Hi Phil,

My blog post earlier today is a response to some of the issues raised in the article. I was surprised by the tone myself; when I talked to the author about a month ago, I got the impression he'd be writing it somewhat differently.

http://www.andycarvin.com/archives/2006/03/race_and_the_digital.html

Phil Shapiro wrote:
hi DDN community members -

    the new york times botched it on this article covering the digital divide.
although they include a quote from andy carvin, the whole tenor of the article
is off. they're asking the wrong question. they don't get it at all.

    http://digg.com/technology/Digital_Divide_Closing_as_Blacks_Turn_to_Internet

      http://tinyurl.com/g4ern

            - phil

--