fyi... Please contact Rachel if you are interested, as I am not involved in the selection process. -andy

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        [GV-Authors] Job vacancy!
Date:   Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:13:21 +0100
From:   Rachel Rawlins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC:     Rebecca MacKinnon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

We're looking to hire a Persian translator/editor to join the team here
at Global Voices (http://www.globalvoicesonline.org).

The job is to:
- monitor blogs written in Persian (and Dari if possible -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dari);
- post a small number of links to the most interesting blog entries each
day, giving a short indication of what they contain but without needing
to translate the entire entry;
- write two longer posts each week giving an overview of blog
discussions either by region or theme or interest with translated
excerpts of the blog entries;
- liaise with the appropriate regional editor/s and the managing editor
about coverage of countries in their region/s;
- attend fortnightly editorial meetings via IRC;
-

This obviously requires fluent Persian and good written English together
with a knowledge of blogging and internet technology. The job is part-time.

If you are interested in applying for the position please send me an
e-mail me detailing your relevant experience and/or qualifications at
either [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

Or if you know anyone who might be interested please pass this mail on!

Closing date a very swift 7 May.

Thanks!

Rachel

-----------
Rachel Rawlins
www.globalvoicesonline.org

AIM: RachelRawlins1
MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Skype: rachelrawlins
Blog: www.frizzylogic.org <http://www.frizzylogic.org>

--
Andy Carvin