We wouldn't be able to use Frappr, then - we would have to set up our own Google Map from scratch. Technically this is possible. But there's no way this could be a priority in the short term, because the limited money DDN has is going to transferring DDN to TakingITGlobal, and hopefully offering stipends to editors. Anything after that will have to be decided by the TakingITGlobal team after I'm gone.

andy

Dave A. Chakrabarti wrote:
Andy,

A great resource, and one that is much appreciated. Would it be possible
to include a "location" field in our profile information, which
automatically adds us to the map? I know this is possible in some
content management systems, but not sure how hard it would be to add
this functionality to DDN...but it'd be great! Other ideas: adding
website URL information to the map information popup, so it's easier to
find information on people we find. I just found a fellow Chicagoan on
DDN who I didn't know, but there's no easy way to find out more about
his organizations / work...

A lot of requests, I know...but thanks for the map!

  Dave.

-------------------
Dave A. Chakrabarti
Projects Coordinator
CTCNet Chicago
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(708) 919 1026
-------------------

Andy Carvin wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've just added a new DDN community for hosting a copy of the map:

http://www.digitaldivide.net/community/map

You can use this page to explore the map or add your on pin to the map.
It's also a featured community, so there's a link to the community on
the homepage, under the name "DDN Member Map."

andy

Andy Carvin wrote:

Hi everyone,

Just for kicks, I've created a new DDN member map on Frappr.com.
Frappr uses Google Maps to let you create a map showing the locations
of people affiliated to a community of interest. With the Frappr map,
DDN members can pinpoint their location in the world and let others
know where they're located.

Please feel free to try it out here:

http://www.frappr.com/digitaldividenetworkmembers

Would be curious to hear from any regular Frappr users if they think
the tool could be useful to DDN.

thanks,
andy

Andy Carvin