Andy Carvin wrote:
Hi everyone,

Earlier today, DDN had its 10,000th user account created. The person in question, Katharina Reinecke of Switzerland, probably has no idea she helped us reach this milestone, because it appears she's just joined the website but not the email list.

http://www.digitaldivide.net/profile/Katharina

That's great, Andy! I send her a message via her profile giving the URL of your e-mail, of the RSS feed and of the archive/joining page of the mailing-list.

Hey, I'm not particularly patriotic, but I'm really glad that we are now 23 members from Switzerland: maybe we could organize a mini local DDN pow-wow some time (1)

Best

Claude

Claude Almansi
Castione, Switzerland
www.adisi.ch

(1) Meanwhile, for those within reaching range of Zurich:

Freitag, 7. Juli 2006, 13.15 bis 17.00 Uhr: Oeffentliches Symposium zum
Thema "Freie Kulturen - freies Internet. Internet Governance und die
Schweiz".

Eine gemeinsame Veranstaltung von SWITCH und ETH Zuerich.
Programm und kostenlose Anmeldung unter http://www.igf-06.ch/index2.html

ETH Zuerich, Raemistrasse 101, 8092 Zuerich, Auditorium Maximum (HG F 30).