-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Phil Shapiro
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 10:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [DDN] user demand for openoffice 2.0 books

hi Digital Divide Network community -

     the most talented author of books about openoffice, solveig haughland,
blogs that barnes and nobles is telling her publisher that there is no real
demand for openoffice books and that they won't stock her excellent new
openoffice 2.0 book.

      see http://openoffice.blogs.com/

      microsoft in the past has resorted to all sorts of underhanded
tactics.  i
don't know if they're resorting to paying barnes and noble to not stock
openoffice.org books, but it would not surprise me if they were.

      you can do something about this if you live in the united states (or
canada.)  simply call your local barnes and noble bookstore and inquire if
they
sell any books about openoffice.org

      you can bet barnes and nobles keeps track of what books people are
asking
for.  please don't call barnes and nobles unless you actually would buy an
openoffice book.  i'm not asking folks to create an artificial demand for
the
book.  i'm just asking folks to speak up if this new openoffice.org book
(and
other openoffice.org books) are something you would want to see on a barnes
and
noble bookstore shelf.

            - phil

Digg  http://tinyurl.com/fknbx