On Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 19:05:48 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
On Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 17:15:13 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
I guess that the Darwin support will be restricted to freely distributed macOS applications, as calling `__syscall` surely is a private API that cannot be used in any AppStore application, right?

You tell me;)
API looks just like any other libc function.

I can tell you right off that this will not be allowed in approved apps. Not just for the `__syscall`, but for overriding the normal system calls of all libraries. I can't imagine Apple will be OK with that.

-Steve
  • Re: photon v0... Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: phot... Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: phot... Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: ... Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • ... Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce