On Monday, 15 January 2024 at 22:23:27 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
On Monday, 15 January 2024 at 18:43:43 UTC, user1234 wrote:
The two calls are not equivalent.

so what is passed as alias need to be static too.

Thanks all. I thought a static member function just isn't able to access the instance of the struct, but as I understand now it is static all the way.

What I am looking for is a way to have different structs that have a member function that has the same name in all of them, that is callable without a this pointer, and able to take an alias argument. That is probably asking too much.

As a workaround, you can alias the outer function in the struct:

```d
struct S
{
    alias foo = S_foo;
}
```

This might be less than ideal, but at least it works.

-Steve