On Tuesday, 26 March 2024 at 19:24:39 UTC, Chris Piker wrote:
Hi D

I have a C library I use for work, it's maintained by an external organization that puts it through a very through test framework. Though source code is supplied, the intended use is to include the header files and link against pre-compiled code.

What is the best way, as of 2024 to use this library with D, in particular dmd? ImportC doesn't seem like the go-to option since the C source does not need to be complied. I've seen some forum post indicating that manually generated D wrappers are no longer needed, but I'm fuzzy on the particulars. If there's any blog posts or other instructions you'd like to reference I'd be happy to check them out.

For reference here's the C library in question: https://naif.jpl.nasa.gov/naif/toolkit_C_PC_Linux_GCC_64bit.html

Thanks for any guidance you can provide,

Should be able to just use it, as described here: https://forum.dlang.org/post/qxctappnigkwvaqak...@forum.dlang.org Create a .c file that includes the header files and then call the functions you need.