On 09/04/2024 12:48 PM, Liam McGillivray wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 April 2024 at 00:02:02 UTC, Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole wrote:
```d
enum Value = (a, b) {
    return a + b;
}(1, 2);
```

This alone should be a CTFE only function.

But if we want template parameters, we'd need to wrap it with the template.

```d
template Value(int a, int b) {
    enum Value = () {
        return a + b;
    }();
}

int value = Value!(1, 2);
```

Does that help?

I had to reread this a few times to get a sense of what this is. I might have just got it. This is effectively a CTFE function for generating a constant based on the sum of two numbers, right? Doing `int value = Value!(1, 2);` would set `value` to 3, right?

Yes.

I suppose this was a good new thing to learn, though I'm still quite far from being able to construct a function from another function using a template.

I suppose that if I wanted it to make a function from another function, I may be able to do it in a template using some `static foreach` to make arrays of function parameters, and then combine them together without the use of strings, instead using placeholders (aliases or whatever they'd be called) and maybe the `tupleof` function. Am I headed in the right direction (if you can understand my weak attempt to describe the direction I'm thinking of going in)?

``tupleof`` isn't a function, its a property to get a "tuple" a sequence of fields for a struct/class.

However most likely you'd have to resort to string mixins if you're messing about with parameters like I think? you are asking for.

I'm not entirely sure what you're wanting there.
  • "Error: `Ty... Liam McGillivray via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: "E... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: &qu... Liam McGillivray via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re:... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
          • ... Liam McGillivray via Digitalmars-d-learn
            • ... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • ... Liam McGillivray via Digitalmars-d-learn
                • ... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
                • ... Liam McGillivray via Digitalmars-d-learn
                • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn