On Friday, 1 January 2016 at 15:16:36 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Friday, 1 January 2016 at 15:06:53 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
I've battled with a few times, not having any idea what was going on. I now almost automatically use strip when it's not working.

This is one of the most frequently asked questions by new users.. I added a tip to my new docs:

http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/std.stdio.readln.html

If you were looking at that for the first time, would you notice it? If no, I can see about moving it or rewording it or something.

If the user is reading the docs completely, yes, it is clear. It would probably be better to put it in its own section, because a user might not expect to find an explanation of a pitfall in there, and because it makes it easy to find when you're looking the second or third time.