bearophile wrote:
There's a total lack of evidence for that.

MISRA-C standard disallows the equality among FP values. I presume they have
some serious evidence for their choices, but I don't know such evidence.
Today MISRA-C is one of the most serious attempts at fixing the holes in C
language to write more reliable code for the industry. MISRA-C standard is
sometimes extreme and I don't suggest to follow everything they say, but I
suggest to not totally ignore what it says about many C features.

MISRA is not suggesting having the language silently default to approximate equality.