-Dave,

How about something as distinctive as RTTY's RYRYRYRYRYRYRY?  We all
recognize RYs without decoding it with a terminal.  Your tone idea
is good, anything that is easy to recognize with the ear would be
good. I wonder how QRLQRLQRLQRLQRLQRLQRLQRLQRL sounds in RTTY?

Andy K3UK

  -- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bernstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>