A friend of mine built one of those XR2211 demodulators...it did not
work very well on the real HF world. He left it aside and Hamcom with
just a 741 squarer performed better than that.

I built something inspired on the AN-93, but not a copy....wonderful !

It had two active filters, full wave demodulators, a comparator, a
rather good baseband low pass filter (150 hz at -3 dB) and a Schmitt
trigger after that, inspired in an old KAM design. Big ears, it was an
elephant! It became the best I had used so far, and even forced it to
work on 300 bd packet, using BPQAX25....it did better than the KPC-2
with its AM7910.

The baseband could have been narrowed down to 22 Hz and switched (22 and
150 Hz), but never did, as it worked fairly well and I was a bit tired
of the soldering iron and decided to just enjoy it.

The modulator was a programmable divider with 74163 or 74193 using a
marine band xtal that I had in bunch of "rocks". It should have been
2640 kHz, but a 2638 xtal did de job, tweaked a bit with a trimmer. The
counters were keyed from the serial port with a 4049 and two resistors,
changing the preload and thus the division ratio...it was some ten years
ago....and the sine wave shaper was a 4018 Johnson ring counter and a
sine weighed resistor network. After the low pass filter, it gave
textbook FSK'd sinewaves.

I also used it as an external TU with Hamcom....and did very well...

Never got a case...it sits in the bottom of a drawer since I got my
PTC-II....

Jose, CO2JA