There was some packet activity on 29 MHz in the 90's . While I could do
a LOT of forwarding at 1200 baud
on 28.18  MHz at 1200 baud using a SSB radio, I was NEVER lucky to get a
connection at 1200 baud FM AFSK,
even when I heard some of them. SNR was too bad.

The numbers tell that such a link is entirely disadventageous using a
"subcarrier" on FM against raw 1200 baud FSK
over a SSB radio.

Jose, CO2JA

---