My father had a Hallicrafters HT-9 that did FM....but he never used it
on FM as long as
I remember.  That line came to the market after WW II, if I remember well.

He sold his Hallicrafters transmitter in 1961 or so...Johnson HF
transmitters did not have
any measure of FM emissions.

Maybe some old timer might tell us if it was a feature waiting for a
regulation that did not
show up in a timely manner

Jose, CO2JA

----