scottbomb wrote:

> This is what I do with my computer/IC-706 setup. Most likely, the
> sound output from the computer is stereo (I've never seen a mono out
> on a comp.) but you can use a mono plug and it will send 1 channel to
> the radio.

I would NOT advise a MONO plug on a line output. It short circuits the
right channel to ground (no ring, just tip and sleeve) and I don't know
how resistant a line output is to a short circuit (infinite SWR ? 8-) ).

Get a STEREO plug and use only tip and sleeve.  Is what I use here.

I use a MONO plug on the line INPUT.

> A 1:1 isolation transformer between the 2 is recommended.
> I run the audio from the radio to the comp. through the mic. input.
> n0xmz

Well, I am using a 10 k ohms to 600 ohms transformer for line output to
the mic input, and it works just fine, since it has to attenuate the
signals and up to 1 volt from the soundcard will hardly saturate the
transformer primary (an old small plate to line transformer for a triode
from the junkbox).

Most solid state preamps love low input impedances, and will give the
best SNR that way.

Those are edges to get clean radiated signals and elephant ears.

> --- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:digitalradio%40yahoogroups.com>, Walt DuBose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>>
>> One of my sound cards has only one output jack and a mic and line
> input jacks.
>>
>> I would like to use a simple splitter cable on the output, one to
>> the speakers and one to the AF output on the ACC1 plug of my IC-746.

I guess not, if it does not become an RFI entry point. It would be a
sort fo a Y cable, feeding the speakers with a derivation to the
isolation transformer from the left channel (tip and sleeve).

I am feeding my speakers from the rear left and right channels.

>> Will this likely cause a problem using Fldigi or PSKMail?

I have not used PSKmail. With FLDIGI and GMFSK, my setup works.

>> Thanks & 73,
>>
>> Walt/K5YFW

73,

Jose, CO2JA

V Conferencia Internacional de Energía Renovable, Ahorro de Energía y Educación
Energética.
22 al 25 de mayo de 2007
Palacio de las Convenciones, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
http://www.cujae.edu.cu/eventos/cier