  From: Kevin & Natalia
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 4:11 PM
  Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Re :bad PSK transmissions

  Hi Guys (and Gals)

  With regard to Bad PSK signals, will this be affected if the TX station is
close by? A normal SSB station close by will generate a wide signal if close by.
  Why I ask.
  Yesterday, while tuning around I found 2 strong signals in the waterfall, and
one could see the main signal, and then 2 spurries either side. I was able to
decode the PSK without any problems. The waterfall was thick in display,
showing the signal was strong. I even listened to the received signal, and it
sounded okay.
  IMD was around -25dB

  Both stations were close, like within 1200kms, one in ZL7 (a portable KH
station) and the other a VK4. I am in ZL1, just south of Auckland, NZ. All the
other signals in the waterfall looked good, and they were JA's, RU's, and some
European.

  So what is a good PSK signal? And in saying that how would I know if mine is
running correctly? I run about 40-50 watts into a Kenwood TS-480S/AT, and have
used my ear to determine the TX audio. I have not had any complaints about it.
So if you see my callsign, and it's too wide please let me know what's wrong.

  Regards

  Kevin, ZL1KFM.

  PS: 20mtrs has been very quiet down here, I am looking to try out some HamPAL
Digital SSTV on 14.233Mhz sometime.

  Get Skype and call me for free.