  From: kv9u
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2007 00:56 UTC
  Subject: Re: [digitalradio] ARRL Offers Alternate Approach to "Regulation by
Bandwidth"

  It was my understanding that the ARRL compromised on 3.5 kHz for SSB
  voice when they submitted the request to the FCC. I think that ESSB
  accomodation was part of that reasoning? Can anyone else recall that
  initially they were proposing 3.0 and then moved it to 3.5?

  Or is it now that they want to limit the text data area to a similar BW
  which currently has no limits? I support that and have lobbied hard for
  it with Division Director and other decision makers, but I now some of
  you would like to see very wide modes on the HF bands and if this came
  to pass, it would not be possible to get that changed for a very long time.