Somehow it seems that the spirit of amateur radio that is supposed to
advance the radio art, has left the ham shack, and been replaced by a
fear of anything that might challenge the status quo.

Digital radio is exciting, because in the world of surface mount
technology, its one of the last refuges for technical innovation
available to the modern if not average ham, and some of us seem to be
letting the politics of a single system divert our efforts.  Here we sit
in the golden age of information and communication... oh forget it, I'm
heading outside with a slingshot to see if I can get my wires back in
the trees.

See you on the air!

73,

Erik