Simon Brown wrote:

>  Hi Patrick,
>
>  What I am doing is providing the same support as Digipan & MixW. Nick
>  Fedoseev sent me the mapping he uses, it's more-or-less Windows 1251
>  - see http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/sbcs/1251.mspx .
>  There are some differences though.
>
>  Are you compatible with Digipan & MixW - can you display Russian /
>  Ukrainian correctly?
>
>  Simon Brown, HB9DRV

If I remember well, Bulgaria, Serbia and Mongolia also use cyrillic
characters.
I am not sure if it is the same table of characters suitable for them all.

Ukrainians use a diferent character for "i"....russians use a sort of
"inverted N" for it.

In Linux, russians also use KOIR-8.

I would like to understand this, seem from the eyes of those hams using
cyrillic characters.
I studied russian many years ago and still have not forgotten it
entirely. In serbian, ukrainian and
bulgarian I can at least identify names....

73,

Jose, CO2JA

--
MSc.Jose Angel Amador Fundora
Departamento de Telecomunicaciones

V Conferencia Internacional de Energía Renovable, Ahorro de Energía y Educación
Energética.
22 al 25 de mayo de 2007
Palacio de las Convenciones, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
http://www.cujae.edu.cu/eventos/cier

Participe en Universidad 2008.
11 al 15 de febrero del 2008.
Palacio de las Convenciones, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
http://www.universidad2008.cu