  From: Dave Corio
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2007 1:59 PM
  Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Re: Off-topic, but any help appreciated

      Actually, Gateway's customer service has been pretty good. They had the
tech come to the house three or four times to do the repairs. Unfortunately,
anything that NEEDS to be repaired eight times has to have started out as junk!
I could understand a hard drive crash. Stuff happens. But THREE? and replacing
the motherboard twice is bordering on ludicrous! Now they want me to send it in
for diagnostics! I can diagnose it! It's BROKEN hi hi!

      Building is going to be the only way next time. Can't afford it right
now, so I'm kind of stuck with this one. But will not buy an off-the-shelf
computer ever again.

  Tnx es 73
  Dave
  KB3MOW

  AA0OI wrote:
    Hi Dave:
    I have no lost love for Gateway. but even worst yet is Dell..  if you check
on the computer you will find that Dell has one of the worst customer service
there is..
    The only good way to get around this is to build it yourself.. Check out
Newegg or tigerdirect (newegg 1st choice) Tigerdirect is ok IF it doesnt'
involve a rebate ( chances are poor that you would ever get it).. AND building
them is not that hard!!  AND its just down right FUN!!

    Garrett / AA0OI