Can you give me a regulation that restricts very wide modems within
the phone/image segments.  If you are talking about using data in the
phone/image segment, I'll agree but I don't see a paragraph that
limits bandwidth within the phone/image segment.

I will agree that wider bandwidths could be allowed on the 70cm band.
 Wonder why a petition wasn't filed that dealt with this issue only.

Jim
WA0LYK

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "John B. Stephensen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> One problem is that very wide modems are allowed only outside the
phone/image segments, which is the opposite of what is reasoable for
users. Another example is that data modes are only allowed a 100 kHz
bandwidth on 70 cm which is 30 MHz wide.