But "content" has nothing to do with bandwidth.  The original
complaint was that "bandwidth" restrictions in current regulations are
keeping us from operating new, and supposedely better modes.

The ARRL could have addressed content restriction without addressing
bandwidth regulation!

Jim
WA0LYK

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "John B. Stephensen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> The basic problem is that the current regulations restrict the
content of amateur transmissions. It shouldn't matter whether you are
transmitting text, voice or images. On HF, you can transmit voice or
images in a 3 kHz or 6 kHz bandwidth but to transfer a file during
that QSO you have to change frequencies because it is considered data.
On the 70 cm band, real-time compressed video could be sent in a 300
kHz bandwidth but not data.

> 73,
>
> John
> KD6OZH

phone/image segments, which is the opposite of what is reasoable for
users. Another example is that data modes are only allowed a 100 kHz
bandwidth on 70 cm which is 30 MHz wide.