  From: jgorman01
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 23:50 UTC
  Subject: [digitalradio] Re: New 200kHz Wideband Digital Voice on 20 meters in
USA?

  This is exactly what I've been trying to say, there is no bandwidth
  limitations currently in the regs. Trying to argue that the ARRL's
  bandwidth petition screwed up experimentation and stops people from
  using newer, better modes just is not correct.

  The only problem I have with your example is justifying a 200 kHz
  bandwidth. With currently accepted standards like DRM there might be
  a little argument. However, if the FEC requires it so be it! Also,
  it might be difficult from a "spectrum efficiency" to justify that
  kind of bandwidth. You would have to convince everyone that the
  fidelity used was justified.

  The big problem I see is that the appliance operator using current
  amateur transceivers can't go much beyond 3 kHz. THAT IS where the
  big problem in experimenting comes from!

  Jim
  WA0LYK

  --- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "expeditionradio"