After giving this some thought I wonder what HF rig would you use with
20 kHz bandwidth and what mode?  What design criteria would be needed
to use this, especially in J3D?

Jim
WA0LYK

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "John B. Stephensen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> If I'm at the low end of an HF band, I can now send send text
(RTTY), data or images using PSK31. If I'm at the high end of the
band, I'd like to send text, voice, data or images in a 20 kHz
bandwidth on wider bands or 8 kHz on narrower bands. Right now data
and text are limited to the lower portions of each band where wideband
emissions would be a problem. If I'm on a VHF band I'd like to see a
200 kHz bandwidth limit for portions of each band rather than the 20
kHz limit. On 70 cm I'd like to eliminate the 100 kHz bandwidth
restriction on data and make it at least 6 MHz.

> I have operated HF digital modes on 40, 20 and 10 meters in the
past, but my experments with wideband digital modes have been
restricted to 6 meters and 70 cm.

> 73,
>
> John
> KD6OZH