Andy,

Did someone tell you that from the American Legion?

Contacting the Service Officer is a good suggestion made earlier.

We will help ANY veteran as much as we can although in this case there
would be legal implications from local government.

We along with other veterans organizations provide military honors at
funerals. You do not have to be a member of the organization.

The American Legion is an organization Chartered by Congress and has
certain duties to carry out in support of veterans.

Rick, KV9U
Member and Officer of my local Post