Cesco,

Most of us do appreciate the freeware authors. Even if not free as in
beer.  However, where you and I differ is that if they are doing
something illegal, I would not support them and would rather they not
produce the software in such a case.

If what they are doing is legal, then very few would oppose their work
except for those with agendas such as RMS who believes in totally open
and free software in all cases.

This "external" use of GPL'd code is something that I have never heard
of before and although some may not approve of this, if it is legal,
then what can you say?