Maybe theoretically, but if you don't do this on a regular basis, doing
it first at the beginning of an emergency is just not a good time. I
would like to see this available for those of us who think it would be
VERY helpful. A good example is when someone asks for help with "xyz"
mode. If you could get on voice and talk him through it, like they do
with SSTV/FAX operation, we would really add a lot to improving our
digital experience.

I still think that if you are sending text in digitized form, such as a
PDF, .doc file, maybe even a word processed "text" file, it should be
treated as a FAX and should be allowed on voice frequencies.

Should I ask the FCC for clarification on this? Has anyone else ever
done this or know of anyone who has and was told no?