OK but how about the question I had? ....

Are you saying that 3G will include the MIL-STD-188-141A 8FSK125
waveform as the method for linking? Or it won't?

When you use the term ALE, do you mean the related
MIL-STD/FED-STD/STANAG protocols, or do you mean the linking part only,
particularly using the 8FSK125 waveform?

When I use the term ALE, I am using it as a sort of shorthand for the
whole series of protocols, some of which may be adopted by radio
amateurs. When I use the term 3G, it refers to the "newer" protocols.