I have found that I could NOT transmit once.  This was during the presence
of a strong broadcast band station in the 40M band.  I then tested by
sounding on top of WWV, a strong SSb signal and a strong AM signal, each
time PC-ALE attempted to transmit.  Thus , I conclude that I need to be
present during any sounding with mouse fingers close to the "pause" button.
That said, it is RARE that my ears detect anyone on the ALE suggested
sounding frequencies.

--
Andy K3UK
www.obriensweb.com