Yes, the laws of physics do get in the way.

They say that wider bandwidth is the technique to use. The trick in that
situation is that the bandwidth is used by multiple users at the same time.
Everyone is background noise to the other guy.

Rud Merriam K5RUD
ARES AEC Montgomery County, TX
http://TheHamNetwork.net