-Sam, you sent this message 7 years ago, today.  I was just wondering
if you ever got a ham license ?

Andy K3Uk
-- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Samuel Hunt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I have just connected the computer up to the SW radio, and have
finally managed to recieve something from the ham bands!

> This is what I recieved:-
>
> oooH ut ce IK1BXZ  IK1BXr
> osn o RlaQ tetift*l[buttQe-tQe0)6eftemooot  weH
>  R]t o eesnt CQ ttQ CQ de IK1BXZ  Ieoi+ CQ CQ CQ de IK1BXZ
IKGotfrt+ CQ CQ CQ deK1BXZ  AK1e0O l
> e  pse K
>  teo eµ çooe e h Fet ctceh  UL i e?  p  t      aoe  cllKl
>  CQ CQ CQ de IK1Z  I  otii C+ CQ CQ de IK1BD=   IK1vkrel
>  CQ CQ de IK1BXZ  IK1BXZ
> e  py,tc- ®o© t     W4td
> y  iotA   o, !sªo l ct*vRYRY
>  CQ CQ Ce 3o Yt
> e n K1BXZ
>  CQ CQ CQ de IK1BXZ  IKXZ
>  C  e U'$t eTvu
> ró J ieayhn (  e K
>   ag<egCnse dtte_ n   se   atitaF  @m tlRs  icEMee cebo-  n m
foÁ3frneao,e ¬   Yn tim ,lgenBkQ CQ CQ de IK1BXZ  IK1BXZ
>  CQ Ce CQ de IKDBXt  pK i k. ` 1+ c; t etes    ilo ineEE
eeeaeswn? eceÔpoji  op  ee eCtintt o) eaeetl+tt 0maeoo tn eoel,
> ai
>

> So, if IK1BXZ is on this list, know that I recieved your message!
You appeared to stop CQing after some time, since I lost you. I would
have liked to have experimented more with the reception settings, but
the transmission stopped!

> This is the first ever time that I have got ANYTHING from the ham
bands (It seems my radio - a Grundig Satelit 400 is not too good for
this job). I tried to get SSTV, Hell, voice, anything, but this was
all I got, with PSK31.

> This is an amazing mode, since at times I had it perfect, whilst I
was just optimizing my settings. I know know exactly how to identify
PSK31 - Two close horizontal/vertical bars with occasional dots in
the middle.

> Is there a website whereby I can learn how to identify the
different modes - I had to work out it was PSK31 by rough guessing -
it was too narrow to be SSTV, and when I selected the other modes, it
didn't fit in to the two bars. I had a feeling it was serial, since
there was only three carriers (L, R and centre). I thought that MT63
and MFSK modes needed more subcarriers, so I guessed it wasn't these.

> I tried hell (I was in this program at the time), and it was too
narrow to fit into hell properly (I've tried hell before with a CB
transmitter and local reciever, and also from a cassette tape).

> I think I've got my slant right now (In SSTV), but is there
somewhere that I can go to to find out how to recieve all modes
better, and how to identify them?

> I am going to try and get some kind of ham licence, since I would
have loved to have replied, and had a little conversation (Or
whatever you do once you're connected - I've never found out, since
I've never seen anything other than this CQ before)