Ron & John,

MultiPSK has an analyzer function in it. It can measure baud rate and
shift of RTTY & FSK signals. It will also attempt to measure the symbol
rate of BPSK signals.

I'm guessing that at 14097 it was either a Packet or Pactor station.
Pactor comes in 3 varieties I, II & III. MultiPSK will decode Pactor-I
but for Pactor II & III you need some very specialized and expensive
software/hardware. Currently I know of only Hoka Code 300 and the
Wavecom decoders which will even attempt it. Prices range from around
$8000 and up!

Outside the ham bands there is little that can be successfully decoded
these days. These include Weather FAX, Aviation/WX RTTY (very little
nowadays), SITOR (again not much these days), HFDL, GMDSS DSC, Stanag
4285 (usually only test tapes), occasional ARQ-E stations, ALE, CW (eg
Cuban spooks) but also some Far Eastern maritime stations still use CW.

Interestingly the Cuban 'numbers stations' are experimenting right now
with RDFT and also PSK220F which I believe is only available in MultiPSK....

Most "RTTY" stations you hear outside the ham bands are not RTTY at all.
They often use a synchronous system and are encrypted so a normal RTTY
decoder wouldn't make any sense of it.

MultiPSK can also decode GMDSS DSC messages and VHF ACARS at present.

MultiPSK can be downloaded for free at http://f6cte.free.fr/

73, Sholto
KE7HPV.