In the beginning, it was correct that there was really no DX chasing (at
least for awards) but now that is not so.  In fact I have at least one
country worked, where I have only one contact, an that was on 30 meters.
DXCC started accepting those contacts some time ago, so yes it is indeed a
DX band.  30 is a great band which has long openings, to some parts of the
world, most all of the day or night.  Lets not screw it up, and make it
unuseable for those who have not been bit by the contest bug.

Because of the very limited bandwidth of 30, 17, and 12 meter bands, right
from the start, it was deemed they were off limits for contests.  If one
thinks there are complaints now, about contest weekends, just wait until one
or all of these three bands are added to the mix.  There simply is not
enough room on them to drag in hundreds or thousands of other contest
signals, and continue to use them for other uses as well.  Right now, one of
the so called excuses that are being used about interference on contest
weekends is that one can always go to these bands and operate to get away
from contesters.  Put them into contest modes, and that all goes away.  One
of the other things that you must remember is that 30 meters is a shared
band, and we MUST not intefere with those other operations with which we
share this limited space.  W all know that many contesters would completely
ignore that fact, in the heat of battle.

Danny Douglas
N7DC
ex WN5QMX ET2US WA5UKR ET3USA
SV0WPP VS6DD N7DC/YV5 G5CTB
All 2 years or more (except Novice)
Pls QSL direct, buro, or LOTW preferred,
I Do not use, but as a courtesy do upload to eQSL for
those who do.