Seems we are reaching the age of the "crippled PC". For a desktop there
should still be a chance of adding a serial port PCI card. I have never
used the parport for PTT so far, and it seems I never will...

USB is adequate for most common PC jobs, but not for interfacing radios
without some _special_ interface.

And of course, managing RTS seems to be the most adequate way of
applying PTT to a radio. All other ways (VOX, CAT, etc) seem to
introduce too much latency in an ARQ link.

VOX may be OK just for keyboarding, which may be the the solution for
most users, but hardly is a "one size fits all" solution.

73,

Jose, CO2JA

---