Maybe one of the latest versions of Hamcom, or Mix 2.19 or 2.21 could be
configured to make your boxes run with a PC and PC software.

I did some 12 years ago, using a KPC 2 as dumb modem and homebrew FSK
modems (TU's) on my old 386 and 486's using the serial and parallel
ports. Don't ask me about the specifics right now, as it has been a long
time to remember it all in detail. Just browse the help and docs of
Hamcom and the old DOS Mix, and your "boxes" manuals

I had particularly good results with a homebrew dual AM demodulator for
FSK using some ideas borrowed from the KAM modem and the AN-93. I ran
AMTOR and PACTOR using TERMAN 93 and packet using BPQAX25. Filter's
alignment and a suitably good post demodulator low pass filter are
certainly important. So your equipment may be out of fashion but not
useless if it is still in good working shape.

But it will be hard to find anyone on AMTOR or plain old pactor in the
HF bands, and packet is quite scarce too.

73 & HNY,

Jose, CO2JA

---

Siegfried Jackstien wrote:

> you can get an old pc for free sometimes ... just hold your eyes open
> commodore c64 ... yes it is really old gear
> happy2009
> dg9bfc

VI Conferencia Internacional de Energía Renovable, Ahorro de Energía y
Educación Energética
9 - 12 de Junio 2009, Palacio de las Convenciones
...Por una cultura energética sustentable
www.ciercuba.com