Now I feel it's a much different story. So to determine what the "standard
operations" are, you really have to look around and look at magazines like RF
design, Urgent Communications.

I WORK in public safety ......

 Our system here is ANALOG ..... both on the county and Jail systems .

We use 460 MHz at the jail  with no interest in going digital ....... it has no
advantage to us.

The idea should be and should always be DIGITAL as well as ANALOG should both
be acceptable . The idea they one mode should be phased out ( spark was because
there was no way to clean it up and it was replaced by CW ) then this will no
longer be a hobby ...

I should have the right to run my LITTLE LULU as much as someone does to run a
TS-2000
IF it is within the FCC rules. I run everything I can from AM to PSK-31 and
don't have a problem with anyone running anything they want.

One reason I read what is posted here is to get ideas of what I might want to
get involved with ... or not .... like D-Star.

I remember ths SSB/AM wars on 75 meters as a kid .... NO LIDS NO KIDS NO SPACE
CADETS bunch with groups determined to stop SSB at any cost one can only hope
that we don't go back to that ........

Enough said
Back to DX ...

Bruce