--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "ww6aa" <ww...@...> wrote:

> i am new to dig.radio and apologize for asking a question that i am sure has
> been answered many times, but search came up with >1000 replies.  What
> software seems to be most popular @ this time

You mean today?  Or last week?

Seriously, a lot of people get started in digital radio with
Digipan and PSK31 on Windows.  Or do RTTY with MMTTY and Windows.

Then many move on to multimode programs.  I've been talking to
lots of hams lately who use HRD Ham Radio Deluxe with DM780.
Haven't tried it yet myself.  I've been using MultiPSK, which
has a pretty intimidating user interface but does an awful lot
of modes if you want to try them all.  I still occasionally
talk to people using MixW.

Then there is fldigi, which is one of my personal favorites,
mainly because it does a lot of modes and works under Linux and
Windows both.  I prefer Linux but keep Windows around so I can
run the software that doesn't work under Linux.

Jim W6JVE