Hi Russell,

Are there many other PSKmail stations on the air that are not being
listed on the mailserver site?

http://pskmail.wikispaces.com/PSKmailservers

The only stations for the U.S. that are listed at the moment are:

WB5CON
KD5WDQ
KD4QCL

I think it was KD4WDQ that I have triggered a few times when doing a
call up of the servers on 10148, but only WB5CON has been strong enough
to actually connect to. It seems to take a pretty good signal to make
this work well.

Do you find that the 250 baud rate works most of the time about as well
as the 125 baud rate? Probably less affected by Doppler? But would be
more affected by ISI multipsk?

Without having an automatically adjustable protocol, all the modes are a
compromise much of the time. And the faster modes just can not connect
when slower modes would work, even though very slow. But slow is better
than zero throughput like we often had with 300 baud packet and why that
mode never became usable unless you had a very stable MUF type of path.
 From what I can tell, a lot of the Pactor 2 and 3 operation is done
this way because 100 baud PSK is quite susceptible to ionospheric
conditions we often have on HF.