My 2 cents worth:

I have tried them all and still prefer MixW.   It is a simple program yet
does everything I want it to.  It is neat and orderly in layout and
appearance.   It will use my RAC CD, a lot of  logging programs won't.  I
just click on a callsign and the logging info fills right in.
I've tried MultiPSK, and to be honest, it does a lot, but gawd, that is one
UGLY looking program.  I don't even like to look at it.  HRD is nice, but I
don't need all those moving screens and options.. again, it is just too
"busy" for me.  I don't need a computer program to change frequency for me,
I can turn the knob myself.  I don't need  a program that is packed with a
bunch of strange modes that are rarely, if ever,  used.  Fldigi won't run on
my computer, but I notice a few things that would keep it from being my main
digital/logging program.
We all have our likes and dislikes, none of us are right or wrong, just
different in what we like to use.  Since MixW is not free, that alone will
drive some guys to HRD, etc.    MixW's attraction for me is it's simple, and
does it all.
If the authors of MixW decide to abandon it,  I'd keep using it unless
another progarm came up with something really great that would entice me to
change.

73 de WB4M
Buddy