I have been the digital "ringer" for a few clubs in the past few years,
bringing lots of gear and demonstrating how digital modes work.  This year I am
not going to a highly competitive club, will do some casual CW for a local club
and may do some really LOW tech digital modes operations.  Instead of bringing
my own gear, or getting frustrated setting up my laptop and software with other
people's rigs... I'm going to run digital modes with wires.  Microphone held to
speakers!  I think I should be  able to make a few contacts at least!

Andy K3UK