Ian, this old message (below) seems to imply that Multipsk will do it.

Andy K3UK

"Hello Simon,

Cyrillic characters pertains to a specific ANSI table (for 128 to 255) which is
installed in Russian, Ukrainians...computers (ASCII being common to all
tables).

You have nothing to do except let all the characters for 128 to 255 free (not
used as I did in the first versions of Multipsk).

If so you will pass all languages except ideograms writings (as Japonese) which
need a specific handling of a aspecial editotr (IDE) which is complex to manage
(i.e I fail to do it simple).

I don't know for semitic languages where you have to type from right to left.
TKS if some Ham using this writing could tell us how they manage this and if
they success with digital programs editors."

73
Patrick

--
Andy