From: k5wgm <k5...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [digitalradio] WINMOR
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, August 23, 2009, 5:45 PM

Hello,

I have been talking to a ham about WinLink 2000, used for email via HF Radio.
He has a WinLink server in California. He has thousands of emails passing
through his server every day. WinLink is designed to use the expensive hardware
TNC PACTOR I,II and III. It is great for emergency communication. Most Hams can
not afford $1,100 to $1,600 for a the PACTOR III. This is where WINMOR comes
in. WINMOR is a software solution using a soundcard connected to a HF radio via
SignalLink interface, possibly other interfaces in the future. WINMOR could be
a good solution for the client side but possibly not the server side. It does
not appear to ready for primetime but looks very promising according to hams
who are in the know. Pactor took over 15 years to get to its current evolution
and the work was done by a very capable team of engineers. Building a software
solution via a soundcard is a big challenge.

I would like to know any of you have experience with WINMOR and or WinLink. I
am one of those hams that does not have the funds for an expensive TNC but
would like to experiment with WINMOR.

Warren - K5WGM

Link:
http://www.dockside radio.com/