On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 12:39:29AM -0000, ke4qcm wrote:
> Hello All, I have a FT-100 and Rigblaster Plus-I can get the radio
> to key up but there is no modulation/RF power/No signal being sent
> out, can anyone help with this please? (I have the special Yaesu cable
> (microphone jack on FT100 to back of rigblaster) and have wired it
> according to the diagram). Also, I have tried wiring the rigblaster
> directly from back of rigblaster to the data port on the ft100 (ps/2
> style port and still same problem).

If the radio is keying up but the power out is zero, then there's a
problem somewhere in the audio chain between your PC and your radio.

Start by plugging headphones into the soundcard port you're using to
drive the RigBlaster and having the digimode program send something --
CQ would be OK. If you don't hear anything, then it's time to get into
the audio mixer on the PC, move sliders up, and uncheck any "Mute"
checkboxes: if you can't hear it, your radio certainly won't.

Once you have sound coming out of the PC, follow the chain to the
RigBlaster. Make sure the audio is going into the right port on the
Rigblaster, and then check the RigBlaster audio out and/or phones ports
for tones.

If you have tones there, then the next stop is the radio, to make sure
that it's hearing the mike when you hit the PTT switch and talk into
it. If it is, but you're not seeing the PC tones come through the
RigBlaster, then you'll need someone who knows more than I do.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mi...@mikea.ath.cx