--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Vojtech" <bubn...@...> wrote:

> Hi Andy.
>
> I would say the sound card qualities are very similar to receiver.
>
> Noise floor
> Linearity
> Birdies and other noise
>
> I exclude timing issues, because they could most often be corrected for with
> software. Also I exclude stuff like bad drivers, that would cause dropouts.

Thanks to all those that have replied so far.  With Vojtech's comments in mind.
I will post a little information about the soundcards used by Mircoham

•     Ultra low noise:
- The sound circuits are designed with special attention to low noise
- Receive noise floor is better than -90 dBm (typical) in 600 Ohms.
- 87 dB (typical) dynamic range rivals that of professional products.
- Special circuit design maintains full dynamic range and low noise floor
  with all radios - both high level and low level outputs.
   •  Independent transmit and receive clock
- Transmit clock: 32000, 44100, 48000 Hz
- Receive clock: 8000, 11025, 16000, 22050, 32000, 44100, 48000 Hz
- sampling rates are native: no up/down conversion or "rounding" errors  "

I don't need  another interface for digital operations (I like my Microkeyer)
but what commonly available soundcards can match the above Microham
specifications?

Andy K3UK