Many years ago , when I was an NTS NCS, we would abandon use of
repeaters once per month and run a simplex night.  Operators would use
net time to call up a net from their QTH and work whomever answers.  I
am proposing we do the same , each 15th of the month at 8PM local
time.  Suggested frequency is 145.00 FM.   Suggested procedure=
Listen first... if there is someone calling "CQ Digital Simplex Night"
, answer them.  If you hear no one, call " CQ Digital Simplex Night" a
few times .  If someone answers, simply have a chat.  You decide the
content of your "net", send a file or canned message if you are so
inclined, no requirements  You also decide which digital mode to use.
Log the call signs and QTH of each station you hear.  This will enable
you to develop your own database of stations that are in simplex range
of your QTH.    If you live close enough to an area that is in a
different time zone and 8PM comes around more than once, feel free to
check-in a second time.

Upload your heard list to this email group.

Andy K3UK