So, just what is ham radio's rolw\e when it comes to health and welfare
inquiries?  I have already received two emails from people asking if I have
access to any news about their family member's welfare in Haiti.  I know the
old NTS system used to have a process for such traffic, but what do we do with
these requests?  If there are hams active on the islands (there are 2 that I
have seen mention of)  , to whom do they relay health and welfare responses?

I have seen mention here of Twitter , and how these types of networks may be
more helpful than ham radio for health and welfare inquiries.  I have not seen
twitter with any actual news, I have seen tweets from people anxious for news
about family in Haiti but no responses.  Is there a central Internet place for
listing of news about people ?

Andy K3UK

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "aa777888athotmaildotcom" <aa777...@...>