I have head in the past of folks of 'reminded' using the ALE frequencies
for other modes is frowned upon.  I personally never heeded the advice
as I am of the opinion that if the frequency in not in use, then it's up
for grabs.

I have not heard about any proposal on the table about a proposal to
exclude non-ALE station from certain frequencies.  I am sure that if
this was a fact, the flames wars would already be in progress.

This seems to be a festering wound in need of a doctor.

PhilW de KA1GMN